Am I the only one who is genuinely happy to be properly back at work this week? Maybe it’s just not cool to say so. Maybe it’s because my family, bless them, drive me to distraction after a while. It’s fun to get the Christmas decorations out again, but equally, I’m glad to get them back up into the loft once we’re into January.
I was musing over this today at my desk, as my sandwich crumbs drifted gently into the cracks of my keyboard. I concluded that:
- I work with some great people
- My office is a little oasis of peace
- Nowhere else do I have a swingy chair
- Here, I have a degree of control over my life
- No one is cooking bacon at 3 pm and asking me ‘What are you going to do today?’
I could have gone on, but these all seemed to explain my mood well enough. I’m picking up 2016 with some old friends, some fresh challenges and some new goals. And that suits me very well. Happy New Year everyone 🙂